My family loves Helichrysum Essential Oil. This is one of our favorite blends for many reasons, but it has fabulous benefits on its own. Its invigorating aroma can sure chase away the sluggish energy in the room! We think it is a MUST have in your house!
As a matter of fact, I was “Facetiming” my family (they are in Toulouse, France) yesterday and my dad couldn’t stop talking about how much he LOVES ❤ Helichrysum oil. I swear he probably went on and on for about 30 minutes about it! I sure LOVE him to death! Apparently, my mother had a motor vehicle accident a few days ago and her left leg has been really swollen and she has been in a lot of pain! My dad rushed to his local pharmacy (yes, you can buy essential oils directly from pharmacies in France – how cool is that?), bought some Helichrysum oil and applied it directly on to my mom’s leg. He repeated several times during the days following the incident. Oh my! Mom said she felt immediate relief and the swelling has been going down. Isn’t that amazing? You got to have this oil in your home!
A little background on this AMAZING oil:
- Comes from a flowering plant that is traditionally wild crafted in the mountains along the Dalmatian coast of Croatia. When ready, the flower is carefully harvested and steam distilled to create this wonderful oil.
- Helichrysum (aka: “Immortelle” – French word for “Never Dies” – or “Everlasting Flower”) grows best in dry, rocky ground. Young Living imports rock to the Croatia far to cultivate the delicate plant in an environment that is best suited for its needs.
- Helichrysum has been used for its medicinal properties for thousands of years, especially in Europe (Source: National Center for Biotechnology Information).
- Helichrysum is also grown in sandy terrains throughout the Mediterranean – you may want to book a Mediterranean vacation to go see it for yourself – just saying. I have not seen it personally but can’t go wrong in that part of the country – It is just beautiful – here see for yourself:
How to use Helichrysum Essential Oil
- Add to your daily skin care regimen to enhance the appearance of skin
- Diffuse the inspiring aroma during work or study
- Use its cleansing benefits by putting a couple drops in your nighttime facial cleanser
- Mix 1-2 drops with V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex and use in a relaxing massage
- Topical: Apply 2-5 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times a day
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Keep in cool, dark place.
As far as I know, my family has never displayed significant levels of allergic reactions or side effects and the oil has been well tolerated.
Try this quick pain-reliever rub:
- 1/2 cup coconut or jojoba oil
- 10 drops of Helichrysum Essential Oil
- 10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
Combine all ingredients and massage into painful areas. Pour into an empty glass bottle for future use and store in cool, dark place.
I would love to hear your personal experiences about this oil – please post comment!